Baby Swiss Patty Melt
Ingredients (makes 2 sandwiches):
- 1 pound Ground Beef (seasoned with salt & pepper)
- 4 slices Guggisberg Baby Swiss Cheese
- ½ Large Onion (Sliced)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 slices bread of choice
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add sliced onions and cook slowly for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown and soft.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef and a dash of Worcestershire. Form into 2 patties.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a separate skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties on both sides until fully cooked in the middle.
- On a clean griddle or skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Layer your sandwich in this order: Slice of bread, slice of Baby Swiss, hamburger patty, half of the cooked onions, another slice of Baby Swiss, and another slice of bread.
- Grill sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown. Melt remaining butter, flip sandwich, and grill on other side until golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with second sandwich. Slice in half, and enjoy!