• 5 cups 2% milk
• 6 tbsp butter
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 4 cups shredded sharp White Cheddar cheese
• 1-1/2 cup shredded Guggisberg Amish Butter Cheese
• 1/2 cup shredded Guggisberg Baby Swiss
• 1 pound pasta
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, warm the milk over medium heat.
4. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted and starts to slightly brown and bubble, add the flour and whisk until the flour is fully incorporated.
5. Continue to whisk and add the hot milk slowly. Whisk for about 10 minutes until the milk and flour mixture has thickened.
6. Remove from heat and add the salt, nutmeg, pepper, cayenne, White Cheddar, Butter Cheese, and Baby Swiss cheeses. Stir to combine until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
7. Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
8. Cook the pasta 1 minute short according to the package directions. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water. Stir the pasta into the cheese mixture, and pour into the prepared casserole dish.
9. Sprinkle the top with the breadcrumbs and bake for about 25-30 minutes until the edges just begin to brown. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving.