Guggisberg Swiss Rösti
4 tbsp butter
1 cup shredded potatoes
1 large slice or 1 cup shredded Guggisberg Baby Swiss
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a small, heavy-based frying pan until sizzling, and then add the grated potato. Allow to cook for a minute, and then shape it into a flat cake, pressing down lightly. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then gently shake the pan to loosen the potato.
- Continue to cook for about 10 minutes until golden and crisp. Place a plate on top of the pan and invert it so the cake is now sitting cooked-side up on the plate.
- Add 1 tbsp butter to pan, and slide rösti back into pan with the underside now facing up. Cooke for 5 minutes.
- Lay slice or sprinkle shredded Baby Swiss on top of potatoes, and allow to cook until cheese becomes melted and bubbly (about 5 minutes).
- Once Rösti is a golden, crispy brown and cheese has melted, remove from heat. Add items like scallions, a fried egg, chopped ham, and peppers on top for a fun twist! Dig into Rösti, and enjoy!